The following are tips submitted by the congregation of First Baptist Church in Plattsmouth, Nebraska in a program called ‘Advisors Anonymous.’
- Establish family devotions.
- Attend a marriage retreat/seminar
- Make a date to review your family’s priorities, habits, and lines of communication.
- Establish rules for meals together: HAVE meals together; Only pleasant conversation; No electronic devices.
- Stop what you are doing to greet family members that arrive home.
- Choose one ‘little’ thing to do for someone else each day this week.
- Seek advice from someone who has “been there & done that”.
Perhaps you have some helpful thoughts that you do not see included here? We encourage you to take the time to leave your thoughts in a comment on this page!